Join Jenn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesLorna is a 33-year-old single woman with one child. She works very hard to provide for her family.
Lorna runs a general store in the Philippines, and has request...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- BakeryEl SalvadorManuel has already repaid his previous loan but wants to continue improving his business. To that end, he is requesting a new loan in order to buy agricultural supplies and...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- FarmingGuatemalaMiguel is a person who has large goals established in his life, despite currently being 58 years old, but he lives every day with the dream of giving his family a better qu...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FoodTajikistanFiruza is 42 year old. Firuza ia married and her husband works abroad in Russia, with a low salary. She deals with buying and selling sweets. She has been working more than...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- PoultryColombiaRobinson, 22, has lived with his common-law wife for two years. He is a technician and has great experience since childhood working with his father feeding and selling chi...Read their story >Funding via Asociación ONG Avansar
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,367 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.