Join Jenn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesLebanonHiba is a 25-year-old married mother of one child. She started around two years ago, selling clothes and perfumes from her house to support her beloved husband in covering...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- RetailSenegalThis group of 24 members was created in December 2012 at the inauguration of their banc villageois. It consists of women who get along well and share a good team spirit. Th...Read their story >Funding via CAURIE Microfinance, a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesAdventino is 57 years old and married, and he lives in Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental.
He is supported by his children working abroad. He is on his way to cons...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- FarmingCambodiaSokorng took this photo with her group members. Sokorng is a 36-year-old rice farmer and a married woman with three children who are attending school. Sokorng is pictured f...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Ltd.
- Milk SalesPakistanResalat is a 39 year old, married woman and mother of 5 children. The income generated by her husband is insufficient to cover all household expenses, so she started her b...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,072 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.