Join Jenn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorCarmen, aged 33, is a single mother who lives in her own home with her daughter. She has worked making and selling pupusas for several years. She lives in a very busy area,...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineNaema is a 59-year-old married woman with 9 children. She is a house wife and will use the loan to paint her house walls. Naema hopes that the loan will enhance her house a...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaAnn is a hardworking business lady who lives in Nyahururu with her family.She is a grocery vendor,a business that she likes very much. She is an early bird who goes to the ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaIdania is a 29-year-old small business owner, married with an 8-year-old son in her care. She has made a living selling food for three years. Her sister helps her to make t...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres (ADIM)
- General StorePhilippinesMarjorie is 38 years old and married with three children. With three children currently in school, Marjorie works very hard to provide for them. Marjorie runs a general s...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,539 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.