Join Jenn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaMary is a married woman with three children, two of whom attend school. She lives in a rental house that has electricity and piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is fo...Read their story >
- ServicesEcuadorNelson is 56 years old. He is happily married, he is a hard worker, and responsible with his daily activities. Thanks to the training from his father, he decided to start h...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanMeet Tajiniso, a resident of the Khuroson district. She is 30 years old, married and a mother of three children. Tajiniso still lives in her native district and is involved...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesTajikistanBakhtiyor was born in 1976 into a working-class family. He lives in Istaravshan city with his wife and one child. He is a very hardworking and brave man. He works in food p...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorJuan is 68 years old. He studied until the sixth grade but was unable to continue studying due to his parents financial status. He has 7 children who are already adults and...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,633 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.