Join Jenn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPakistanBushra Bano is a 50-year-old woman, married with one child. Her husband is a farmer. She lives in a small village in Gujrat, Pakistan.
To help her husband, she ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Clothing SalesKyrgyzstanAida is 38 and the single mother of one son. She has a secondary education and has been selling clothes and shoes at the central market, in town, since 2009. This commerc...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)There are five members in this group called Than Phet (2) C. Second from the left in the picture is Myo, the featured borrower, and standing together with him are Sann, The...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- TailoringPakistanFarhat is a 50-year-old married woman. She lives in Gujrat, Pakistan. She supports her family through her tailoring business. She has been working as a tailor for the past ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaBledar lives with his wife and two sons in a city in southeastern Albania. He works in security for $200 per month, and his wife works as a tailor for $170 per month.
Read their story >Funding via Agro & Social Fund
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,453 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.