Join Michelle's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesElma is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a pig raising business in the Philippines.
She is borrowing 19,000 PHP through NWTF to buy feed and vitamins for her ...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanThis beautiful woman is Damira. She is 56 years old and is married. She lives with her son in the Moscow area. The area is very suitable for agriculture.
The fa...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaVincent, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 10 farmers in Teso District. He is 51 years old, married, and ...Read their story >
- CraftsIndonesiaMade is an artisan from Indonesia who specializes in carved bone and leather jewelry. He would like to invest in a bulk purchase of silver and cow bone.
Made has...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesJonas is a resident of Concepcion, Iloilo. He is 39 years old and married. Like the other people in his community, he works as a fisherman to earn an income for his family....Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,790 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.