Join Michelle's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsEcuadorZoila currently lives in a rural area in Chuasqui, which is located in the north of Ecuador. Her village is very small and the main activities there are agriculture and ran...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayFor a long time Anselmo has continued to work as a "macatero" [travelling salesman]. He travels around the city where he has an established customer base. He provides his c...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanShahlo is a purposeful, hardworking and kind Tajik woman. She was born in the year 1975 in Gafurov, Tajikistan. She is single and lives for herself. She is engaged in entre...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorJorge is a humble country man. He feels very grateful to the organization as by means of the support he has received he has managed to increase his crops. His production of...Read their story >
- Food StallColombiaAlexander is a 45-year-old micro-entrepreneur who lives in the city of Cartagena. He has a business selling fast food. For more than 10 years he has earned a living through...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,638 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.