Join Stacey's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureEl SalvadorMaria is 49 years old and her partner makes his living farming. They have four children.
Maria grows corn and beans and has more than six years of experience in...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaChimale is a married woman with four children. She describes herself as honest.
She operates a retail business where she sells soap, bread, soda, flour and othe...Read their story >
- PigsEl SalvadorJosé is 38 years old, married, and has 2 children who study.
José worked from the time he was little in agriculture with his father and, so, acquired experience....Read their story >
- FarmingMaliHessa is the woman with the bowl of groundnut in her hand and the daba (a farming tool) on her shoulder in the photo. She is a 34-year-old Malian woman, who lives in a rur...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesColombiaJorge is just 23 years old and lives in the municipality of Monteria. He’s a very young man who just started his own business.
He’s selling clothes and some men...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stacey, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,871 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.