Join Margie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPauline, a 43-year-old mother of three children, is very determined to succeed and always desires to give her family a better life. The Nyeri area where Pauline lives and f...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaJackline is a mother of three children, two of whom are in school. She is a smallholder farmer who is completely dedicated to her farming job because she has a family to ta...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanZamirbek, 41, lives together with his wife and daughter in the Aksy region. The mountainous area with spacious pastures is ideal for raising livestock. He has been farming ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesCecilia is a hardworking entrepreneur with six children. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 30,000 PHP loan through NWTF to buy items to sell, like...Read their story >
- Food MarketLiberiaMeet 50-year-old Sophie from Liberia. She is living together with her spouse along with 9 children. Four of her children are currently attending school while living at home...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Margie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,169 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.