Join Bronwen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonEcuadorMaría Del Rosario and her family live in Santa Ana, a pretty valley. There are corn and rice crops, ranching, and, in gastronomy, a variety of traditional dishes like pean...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesEvelyn is 57 years old and married with nine children. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 23,000 loan through NWTF to purchase items to sell li...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanGulzat is 48 years old and married, with three sons. She has a secondary education and has been raising livestock and growing crops since 1999. This is her family's main so...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesColombiaYorman is 29 years old and lives in the municipality of Turbo. He’s a humble, responsible, determined, and kind man who works very hard so that his family never lacks for a...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreNicaraguaDarling is 30 years old, married. She is known in her community for being a person of integrity, hard working and honest who wants to work to improve her and her family's l...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bronwen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,822 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.