Join Aran's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingPhilippinesHenrietta is a married woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Henrietta is 37 years old and has two children who are in school.
She ha...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreKenyaPeter is a Kenyan citizen, but more than that, he is a father of two, a husband, and a skilled, experienced entrepreneur who owns and runs a grocery store within the Kakuma...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportUgandaBaniru is a first-time borrower from Mbale. He is a motorcyclist, which he does for a living.
He is grateful for joining a financial institution to boost his fi...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreRwandaAlbert is a passionate entrepreneur in the Rulindo district in Rwanda. He sells groceries both at retail and wholesale.
His store assists small entrepreneurs in ...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMichelle is a married woman, 31 years old, with two children.
Michelle has a fish-vending business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 35,000 loan amount th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Aran, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 11,088 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.