Join Clemen Chiang's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FishingPhilippinesRosemarie works hard to support her family. Rosemarie is married and has a fishing business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 30,000 loan throu...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 37-year-old Mariama from Tombo branch. She is married with five children between the ages of 4 and 20 years old, and four are currently...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesFlorita is 61 years old and married. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 19,000 PHP loan through NWTF to buy items to sell, like canned goods, perso...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesEpifania is 53 years old and lives in Trinidad, Bohol. She has businesses in rice farming and a sari-sari (general) store. All of her children are already adults.
Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMa. Carel is 48 years old and married with six children.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Clemen Chiang, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,069 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.