Join Clemen Chiang's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanBurulkan is 64 and married with two children. She has a high school education and has been working in animal husbandry since 2010 as the primary source of income for her fa...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorKarla is 22 years old. She is single and lives with her mother.
Karla has a small business selling soda, juice, bread, candies, etc. It is located cl...Read their story >
- WeavingTongaThis is Lisa. She is 26 years old. She married a farmer, and they have three children. Lisa currently runs a business of weaving, and she has been doing this business for f...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesUgandaJovia is requesting for a Kiva loan to buy more clothes to sell. She is a 40-year-old single female with five children, of which four go to school.
Jovia has be...Read their story >
- AgricultureUgandaEdward, 34, lives in Rukungiri with his wife, and six children. He is a primary school teacher by profession. However, due to the small salary, he could not meet his famil...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Clemen Chiang, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,812 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.