Join Clemen Chiang's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPhilippinesAnthony is a 36-year-old farmer from Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija. He is happily married to Concepcion and blessed with two children who are still pursuing their studies. F...Read their story >
- SewingEgyptHuda is 24 and married and with one child. Her husband installs floor tiles but has very low income. She has a small sewing business; she is very talented in sewing clothes...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesBoliviaA.C. “Tupac Katari” is part of the Agencia Los Andes (Agency of the Andes). It has nine members and is led by a director's board of which Miriam is the president.
<...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaCatarina is a 27-year-old woman. She is single and lives with her family in a community of the Patzite village.
To generate income, she buys and sells typical c...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanThe 51-year-old Tynybek is married and the father of three children. He has a secondary education and has been raising livestock since 1990. This is his main source of inco...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Clemen Chiang, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,579 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.