Join Spartan Global Dev. Fund's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Metal ShopEl SalvadorJuan is 44 years old. He lives with his wife. They have three children, two of whom live separately.
Juan works in agriculture. He also works as a wel...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaMary is 33 years old, happily married, and blessed with 2 children aged 10 and 3 years. Her husband is a mason and they support one another and their family. She is a shop ...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanMehvish is a 28-year-old lady, living with her better half and five children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan and she is standing with her husband in the picture. She has re...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPatriciah is 40 years old. She is married and blessed with four children. Her business, which she has operated for 17 years, is farming and rearing dairy cows. This is her ...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineAhmed,is a 21-years-old from Gaza Strip. He is a student at local university, where he studies Business Administration and he is tried hard to finish his studying and find ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Spartan Global Dev. Fund, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,138 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.