Join Michelle Spalding's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesMorita is 51 years old and married with four children. Morita works very hard to provide for them.
Morita runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaLilian is a 54-year-old mother of two children living in Eldoret, a town that was significantly impacted by the 2007–2008 Kenyan crisis. She is a mixed dairy and crop farme...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorMaría is married, her husband works as a mototaxi driver, and her children do not depend on her.
María earns a living by making and selling pupusas, and she also...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanHolisahon is a 41-year-old woman from Pyandj district. She is married with three children. Her husband works in Russia and Holisahon works in agriculture, which is her fa...Read their story >
- WeavingTongaThis is Kalesita. She is 62 years old and she is a widow with nine grown ups. Kalesita lives together with her youngest daughter and her family.
She is a weaver...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michelle Spalding, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,378 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.