Join Karin McDermott's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PrintingCameroonSalomon is a young 54-year-old man. He is married and the father of two children aged 9 and 15, both of whom are in school.
After his training, he opened a scree...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaSafayanu, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kuli village. Safayanu is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and ...Read their story >
- RetailRwandaAbadahigwa is a group represented by Adelphine who is 33 years old. The group's name sort of means that they can't be challenged or stopped.
Adelphine is marrie...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorRosa lives with her three children of minor age and all of them go to school. Her economic activities are the production and sale of fried snacks and managing a grocery sto...Read their story >
- SewingColombiaRumilda is an entrepreneur who lives in the city of Cartagena and took advantage of her art to start her own clothing workshop. She inherited the sewing machine from her me...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Karin McDermott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,241 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.