Join Slow Money Hawaii's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home Products SalesIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, St Nurhoctimah. She is 40 years old, married, and has a son and a daughter. St Nurhoctimah has a retail business where she ...Read their story >
- LivestockEgyptMohammed is 56, married, and has two boys and two girls; his wife is a housewife. He has a small livestock project. He raises goats and lambs and earns money from selling f...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanGulnora is a 37-year-old woman from the city of Tursunzoda. She is a mother of three children. She and her husband work in retail and she is a seamstress.
Gulnor...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaJannet is a hardworking happily married Kenyan lady who has been blessed with 3 children and a loving husband. She runs a general store business to provide for her family a...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanShahnoza is a lovely young woman from Kulob. She is 24 years old and is a good and sociable woman. She does not yet have any children. Shahnoza took a decision to start a b...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Slow Money Hawaii, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,227 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.