Join Slow Money Hawaii's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesNenita is 61 years old, married, and has twelve children. She is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the Philippines and has requested a loan of 20,000 Philippine...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesRwandaEsther is a 42-year-old mother of one child aged 8 years. Her husband is a businessman, and for the past ten years, she has been selling clothes.
She is the lead...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesPraxedes is 72 years old, married and has eight children.
Praxedes is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 20,000...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMary Jane is 36 years old and has three children. She is married and has two children who are currently in school. She is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesBurkina FasoAubin Brigitte is 39 years old and the mother of three school-age children. She is an ambulatory vendor who sells fabric throughout her neighborhood and markets. She has ov...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Slow Money Hawaii, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,642 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.