Join Rebecca's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesJordanIn married life, men and women play their roles to create a suitable life. Life suited Hanan in the beginning of her relationship with Abdulrahman. She was busy being a hou...Read their story >
- PigsEcuadorBrayan is a humble young man, raised in agricultural work by his parents, humble peasants who earn their income through hard work in the fields.
Brayan works dai...Read their story >
- TaxiEcuadorAngel Alciviades and his family live in the lowlands of Montecristi, a place known for its handicrafts made from straw, wicker, piquigua [a natural fiber from Ecuador], and...Read their story >
- SewingJordanHanadi, a Jordanian woman in her early forties, is a mother of three children.
Her husband works as a driver. Her family's financial resources are limited and s...Read their story >
- CattleEcuadorSilvia is 41 years old. She lives in her own little house which she obtained with a lot of effort. She works with her husband. She and her husband have three children who s...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rebecca, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,737 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.