Join Travis and Whitney's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesCherryl is 36 years old and married with three children. Two of her children are in school. For three years, Cherryl has run a general store in the Philippines.
...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesWilma is a married woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Wilma is 51 years old and has one child who is in school.
She has a food ven...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEcuadorPatricia Alexandra is married. From this relationship she has two minor children who are in secondary and primary school respectively. The husband works at the docks. They ...Read their story >
- FoodCambodiaOeun is 45 years old, married and has four children. Her husband is a construction worker, while for the past two years Oeun has sold beverages. Insufficient capital is her...Read their story >
- TailoringTajikistanGuldastai lives in the Vose region. She is 21 years old. She is not married yet and lives with her parents. Guldastai had a dream to learn how to tailor and sew women's clo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Travis and Whitney, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,129 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.