Join Amy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesHiddy Pachela is 46 years old and married with five children.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWTF to buy ite...Read their story >
- ClothingNicaraguaAngelica is a young entrepreneur, who strives every day to make her business thrive. She sells new and used clothing.
She is a mother and her husband is the one ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJessa is 26 years old and has a live-in relationship with two children. One child is in school, so she works very hard to provide for her family.
Jessa runs a g...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanKiyomidin is a 43-year-old man from Varzob. He is married with three children, and all of them go to school. Kiyomidin works in a state structure, and his wife is a housewi...Read their story >
- WeavingTongaMarion is 25 years old. She is married and has no children. Currently, she runs a weaving business where she weaves with her mother and sisters at their mother's house. Tog...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Amy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,033 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.