Join Amy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesMargie is 41 years old and married with 10 children. With four of the children still in school, Margie works very hard to provide for them.
Margie runs a genera...Read their story >
- Food MarketMaliAwa is a red-blooded woman who has been selling condiments, rice, tea and other items for eighteen years. She is 41, married and has three children. She is illiterate and a...Read their story >
- PoultryEgyptAtef is 41 and married, with three children going to school. He lives with his aging parents in the same house and he is the breadwinner for all the family. He earns money ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreMozambiqueHortencia is 44 years old and is in a common-law marriage. She owns her home and is the mother of 4 children, 3 of whom are independent adults. For over 20 years, she has m...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJackline, 24, plans to use her wits in farming to enable her to arrive at her goals. She has great dreams and ambitions in her life. She has been actively involved in maize...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Amy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,002 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.