Join Emma Barnes's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreUgandaJohn is a resident of Kagadi, Uganda, age 32, married, and he has five children, four of whom are in school.
Since 2014, John has operated a retail shop as his ...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanShabana is a 36-year-old, married woman and a mother of two children. She admitted this fact, that if her husband works alone for their family, then he will not be able to ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHello, Kiva community!
Dinah, 41 years of age, is a hardworking farmer from a remote village in the Nandi Hills area of Kenya. Thanks to her daily efforts, she ...Read their story >
- VehicleCambodiaKimthy, a farmer living in Takeo province, is 36 years old and married. She is a mother blessed with three children, one of whom is still in school and one who is too young...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanThis wonderful, kind woman is named Zebuniso. She has already turned 31 years old. Zebuniso is married and has two children. Her son is seven, and her daughter is four. Zeb...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Emma Barnes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,789 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.