Join 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanNargisa is a 43-year-old crop farmer from the town of Panjakent. She is married and has five children. She is now about to launch a new business, which she will run in para...Read their story >
- Food StallEl SalvadorLuis is single and lives with his mother.
He raises and butchers pigs and also started another business making and selling lunches. He used to sell lunch food.<...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesCongo (DRC)Venant is a client with the MFI, Hekima, and runs the village group, "Evolution." She is married, 55 years old, and a mother to 12 children, including six who are in school...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaMayra, age 31, is single and happily lives in the place known as Patzicia. To generate income, she works making "güipiles" [typical embroidered blouses] and selling typical...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaKiva community!
Meet Esther, a 32-year-old mom of four children. She is very hardworking, honest, and humble. She hails from Kitale, Kenya, an area that is bless...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,777 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.