Join Defender's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreRwandaGreetings from Rwanda! This is Abunzubumwe Acb, a group of entrepreneurs who own businesses varying from food production to retail. The group’s name means “united people” i...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaEstar is married to a wonderful man and they have 1 amazing child together. She and her husband provide for their family through various businesses. She runs a retail shop ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHello, Kiva community!
Merene, a 48-year-old mom of 6, is a smallholder farmer who lives with her husband in the Mbai, Kitale, area of Kenya. She is blessed wit...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorSantos studied as far as fourth grade. He is in a relationship and his wife works in commerce. He has two children, who are studying.
Santos has been making a li...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBetty is a hardworking and determined businesswoman. She runs a tea reselling operation where she buys tea and sells at a profit. She outsources the transport of the goods ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Defender, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,981 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.