Join Defender's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FishingPhilippinesMarjorie is a married woman and has three children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. She is 33 years old, and all of her children are in school.
Marjorie ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesSolomon IslandsCathy is a 50-year-old woman who is married with five children. They live in a community in Honiara, capital of Solomon Island. She runs a small marketing business selling ...Read their story >
- FoodPhilippinesYones is 62 years old and married with two children. Yones works very hard to provide for them.
She sells salt in the Philippines and requested a PHP 30,000 loan...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesLizly is 32 years old, married, and has three children. Lizly is in the agricultural pig-fattening business in the Philippines. Lizly requested a PHP 20,000 loan through ...Read their story >
- Liquor Store / Off-LicensePhilippinesJosefina is 61 years old and married with three children, and one of her children is still in school. Josefina works very hard to provide for them.
Josefina runs...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Defender, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 13,318 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.