Join Defender's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesBelenda is a married woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. She has a pig fattening business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 10,000 loan a...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJunalyn is 34 years old and single with one child in school. She works very hard to provide for them. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJean is 46 years old and married with three children.
Jean runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to s...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesPaterna is 60 years old and married, with five children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a fish vending business in the Philippines and request...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJanice is 30 years old and married with two children.
Janice runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 20,000 PHP loan through NWTF to buy items to...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Defender, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 11,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.