Join Elizabeth-Amber Love's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanThe wonderful woman in the photo is Makhsuda. She was born in 1973 and lives in the most northern city of Tajikistan- Asht. Makhsuda is a hardworking, kind and aimful woman...Read their story >
- AgricultureKyrgyzstanZhumadil is 22 years old and single. He has a secondary education and works in a grocery store as a salesman.
For additional income for his family, he has been ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEdwin is a 30-year-old maize farmer in Karuna/Meibeki, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 20 chickens and 3 cows on his land.
Edwin h...Read their story >
- LivestockHondurasSantos lives with his family. He is a very hardworking person, and shows dedication to his home and his work. He is also a very responsible decision maker. He makes a livin...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueAntónio is married and 68. He is the father of 4 children who are all adults. He does not have other dependents. He works as security at an educational facility.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth-Amber Love, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,696 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.