Join Elizabeth-Amber Love's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fuel/FirewoodTimor-LesteJose is 32 years old, and he is a talented young man with good understanding in business. At the moment, Jose has a handmade fuel station business. He sells in bottles and ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAngie is 40 years old and married with seven children. With six children currently in school, Angie works very hard to provide for them.
Angie runs a general sto...Read their story >
- FarmingNicaraguaMarvin is a small coffee grower. He lives in a community in Nicaragua, on a 0.7-hectare farm that he runs according to Fair Trade guidelines.
For this loan cycl...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanChamagul lives in the town of Temurmalik. She is 39 years old, married and has 5 children. Chamagul's husband is a migrant worker. Currently, she lives together with her ch...Read their story >
- FarmingNicaraguaEvert is a 23-year-old young man. He is single and has no children. He has been working in agriculture growing basic grains for ten years and to sustain daily expenses he w...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth-Amber Love, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,000 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.