Join Angela's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingTajikistanVohidjon, a young man who lives in Nosiri Khusrav District, is actively involved in crop farming. Now 38 years old, he has been growing crops from an early age, which means...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGladys (42-year-old mom of three; a repeat borrower) is the mother of lovely children and is a rural dairy and crop smallholder farmer from the Kerugoya area of Kenya. Afte...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRowena is 47 years old and married, with five children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP ...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesKenyaAlbinah is a businesswoman and her husband is a driver by profession. With their income, they are able to support other family members. She wants to grow her business by in...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPalestineLaila is an independent, divorced woman from a small village near Jenin city. Six years ago, Laila opened her own business, which is making her independent financially afte...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Angela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,971 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.