Join John 'SWBF' Williams's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreCambodiaHem is 39 years old, married, and a mother of three children. She sells groceries and beverages, as shown in the photo. Her husband is a taxi driver. She has been runnin...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaPheobe is a 67-year-old maize farmer in Kapomboi, Kenya. In addition to farming her core crop, she currently has 50 chickens and 3 cows on her land. Pheobe historically str...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAriel is 38 years old and married with three children, two of whom are in school. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philip...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCharles is a 52-year-old proud father of two children. He is a group leader, often described as a very friendly person, and is representing his group of seven farmers in Al...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreCongo (DRC)Having noted that the salary earned by a teacher these days is insignificant by the competition of her husband, Tantine has begun selling various groceries in order to supp...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like John 'SWBF' Williams, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,674 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.