Join Cairelle Crow's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreKenyaEric is a young Burundian refugee currently running a retail grocery store at Kenya’s Kakuma Refugee Camp. He started the business last year to earn his young family a stab...Read their story >
- General StoreTimor-LesteRegina is 51 years old and married with 4 children. She has a kiosk that she started in 2019, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running her business has made R...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaNaomi is a 25-year-old forward-looking mother of three school-going children. They live in Kapcherop, a remote area located on a gentle plain before the ascent into the Rif...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaNancy is 56 years old. She is not married and has no children. She has had a farming business for twenty five years.
She is applying for her first cycle. Nancy ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaLucy is a 38-year-old married woman who is blessed with two children who are five and 12 years old. She is happily married to her husband who is very supportive of her.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Cairelle Crow, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,118 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.