Join Maria Dellaporta's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanBalqees, is a 52-year-old married woman who runs a small boutique at home to provide for her family. She purchases cloth from the market at low prices, sews it and then sel...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaThis year, On is 33 years old. She is living in Tbaung Khmum province. She has two children studying in a local state school.
She began farming rice and growing...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanShamsiddin is 48 years old. He is married and works in agriculture. His parents taught him this work when he was very young. He also raises cattle to sell in order to make ...Read their story >
- HotelParaguaySeñor Pedro still runs his inn. His business has been growing and improving bit by bit through his selfless work and daily efforts. Pedro started with five rooms, and he ...Read their story >
- PoultryPhilippinesGemma is 43 years old and has four children. She is married and has three children, who are in school. Gemma is in the agricultural business of raising chickens in the Phil...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Maria Dellaporta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,020 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.