Join Maria Dellaporta's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreGuatemalaRosa, a married, 34-year-old mother of four teenagers (13-19), exemplifies hard work and dedication. She has three businesses, raising chickens, sewing traditional skirts f...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanFiruza is a strong-willed woman from Zafarabad, Tajikistan. She is 47 years old, is married and has a daughter.
She is engaged in farming and has extensive expe...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaRobert 42, is happily married and has been blessed with 3 children who depend on him.
He runs a grocery business selling fresh organic vegetables such as potato...Read their story >
- General StoreNicaraguaAt 7am on the dot each morning, Ines goes to her sales post, located in a market in her community, to sell women's clothing, plastic containers, and electronic accessories...Read their story >
- Cleaning ServicesPalestineRasheed, who appears in the photo, is a hardworking young man who tries his utmost to provide his family with a decent life. He is 23 years old and lives with his family in...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Maria Dellaporta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,168 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.