Join Maria Dellaporta's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe “Virgen de Fátima” group was formed with the union of friends and neighbours of the city of Paraguarí, who are looking for ways to improve their quality of life and tha...Read their story >
- DairyCosta RicaJuan Jose is 32 years old, married, and living with his wife and daughters who are his highest priority. He wants the loan for the purchase of milk cows to take advantage o...Read their story >
- General StoreParaguayThe San Isidro group is comprised of friends and neighbors in the city of Paraguari. The members are seeking to improve their quality of life and that of their loved ones. ...Read their story >
- General StoreNicaraguaRosa Maria (third on the right, dressed in white shirt) is 60 years and a widow She lives with her three children and grandchildren in Managua, Nicaragua. Her goal as a bus...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaMoses is 34 years old, married and has 6 children who attend school. He is a farmer who basically grows beans, maize and tobacco as the main cash crops to get income to sus...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Maria Dellaporta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 485 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.