Join Father Clark's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaThis is Ann—polite, devoted, responsible, and hardworking. She is 34 years old and works raising animals and horticultural crops, which is work that she began from economic...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- General StoreMozambiqueJob, 37, has little formal education, and has always made a living in the business of selling food and beverage products, his only source of income. He has the help of his ...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- General StorePhilippinesMary Ann is 43 years old and married with three children. With all children in school, Mary Ann works very hard to provide for them. Mary Ann runs a general store in the ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- General StoreColombiaJenny is a micro-entrepreneur who lives in a district of Mosquera, a town in Cundinamarca. This is where her grocery shop is situated. She set up her business as a means of...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FoodKenyaFaida is a married mother of three children, all of whom attend school. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are sch...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
Kiva lenders, like Father Clark, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,749 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.