Join Father Clark's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaJoseah is a very hardworking farmer who has been farming for the past five years. He has gained so much experience through those years of farming.
Joseah practi...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Animal SalesPakistanIt was hard for Jameela to manage her household expenses with the small income of her husband. Jameela is 56 years old and a married woman. She is a mother of two children....Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorGlenda is 33 years old and has a ninth grade education. She's married and has two children, ages 12 and 5 who attend school. Her husband works as a security guard and tract...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Internet CafeColombiaChirian is an enterprising young woman who lives in the municipality of Malambo. She is single and runs an internet cafe and cells minutes, a business left to her by her gr...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- General StorePhilippinesFor many years now, Teresita has operated a sari-sari (variety) store, selling various commodities ranging from noodles, canned goods, soft drinks, sugar, eggs, soap, and b...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
Kiva lenders, like Father Clark, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,045 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.