Join Rubén's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Cosmetics SalesJordanFawzia sells cosmetics. She is quite the expert in makeup and has tried most of the products she sells. It was a small business that turned huge and she is now a popular fi...Read their story >
- General StoreRwandaImfurazakicukiro is a group represented by Jacquelin, who is 48 years old. She is married with 4 children aged between 3 and 14 years. The group name means “The great peopl...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDickson, 42, is happily married with four children. His wife is a tailor by profession and they support their parents together. He is a passionate farmer with many years of...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanFARZANA is a fifty-five years old married woman living along with her spouse and eight children. Pictured with her son. He is a clothes distributor by profession; he purcha...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCatherine is 39 years old and a mother who lives in a mud house with her family. She considers herself lucky to have a handsome husband and five angelic-looking children, ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rubén, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,157 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.