Join Rotaract SLO's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Electronics SalesUgandaYusuf is married and has two children who both attend school. He operates an electronics shop in a trading center, a business which has been his main source of income.
Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesVietnamSơn is 41 years old and is married with two children. His family lives in Tinh Gia, a region near the sea. He makes a living by selling cosmetics.
He would like...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaSelesitina is a 23-year-old mother of 2 children. She runs a small business selling tuna sandwiches and toasted sandwiches in her community to earn a living. She has been d...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorNeyda has decided to request a new loan to PADECOMSM CRÉDITO, because currently, she needs to strengthen her business of raising pigs and chickens as well as her sale of ta...Read their story >
- PubUgandaJoweria is a mother of seven, with some of her children in school. She operates a bar as her main source of income.
With the ever-increasing cost of living, Jowe...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rotaract SLO, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,016 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.