Join Rotaract SLO's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingBoliviaSandro is 32 years old. He is single and has no children. He works as a tailor. He has been doing this for two years, and he already has an assistant in his business, which...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesLiberiaBand is 48 years old, a widow with five children and a resident of the Monrovia region. She operates a business where she sells charcoal and other items as the primary sour...Read their story >
- Food MarketTogoMarried and with two children, Kinam is 31 years old. She sells groceries and buys her supplies every week to resell in her shops.
Kinam is asking for a loan to ...Read their story >
- ClothingParaguayThe communal bank group named San Juan was formed by female neighbors from the Encarnación city. They are in their 20th lending cycle from the women's committee, where all ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesImelda is a hard-working entrepreneur who has a pig-fattening business in the Philippines. She has been in this business for 15 years.
Imelda is borrowing 15,000...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rotaract SLO, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,224 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.