Join Jack 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsColombiaLleraldo is a 51 year old man who is born and raised with the good customs of the countryside, where one learns humility, work, and honor. His family and he live in the S...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- LivestockKyrgyzstanHaticha is 57 years old, married and the mother of three children. She has a high school education. She has worked with agriculture for a period of 24 years.
Ha...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- General StorePhilippinesEllen is indeed thankful to God for the people in Kiva and CCT for their noble mission of helping small businesswomen like her in their livelihood and spiritual life as wel...Read their story >Funding via CCT Savings and Credit Cooperative
- FoodColombiaPaola is a 23-year-old young woman who earns a living selling food items. She has a small baby who is 1 year old and a small 6-month-old baby.
Paola opened her ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- LivestockMaliYacoumba is the lady who has the sheep in the photo.She is from Mali and is aged 40, married to a storekeeper and the mother of six children, four sons and two daughters. T...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
Kiva lenders, like Jack , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,366 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.