Join Jack 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanSabohat is a cheerful young lady, age of 58. She has five lovely children. Her husband is a master, and beside that they work in their agricultural yield together. All the ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
- CerealsUgandaErias is a 24-year-old man working seven days a week, living in Hoima, Uganda. After realizing the profitable nature of the agricultural produce trade, he decided to ventur...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- CerealsPhilippinesAs a married mother of three children, Alona works hard to support her family.
She has a rice retailing business in the Philippines. Alona is borrowing PHP 16,00...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingKenyaPaul is 22 years old. He is married with one child. He has had a farming business for four years. He will be using the loan to purchase farm inputs and hopes this will help...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- Clothing SalesZimbabweFortunate is 24 years old. She is a Camfed member who is volunteering to work very hard. She is committed in all activities that she does. Fortunate is an active Camfed lea...Read their story >Funding via Camfed Zimbabwe
Kiva lenders, like Jack , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,153 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.