Join Jack 's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Soft DrinksLebanonMahmoud is a 56-year-old Palestinian refugee, the married father of five children, and their sole breadwinner. He has been working as a taxi driver for 13 years to financia...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- General StorePhilippinesGeorge, a 44-year-old Filipino, runs a passenger boat for a living. He is a married man, and lives in the town of Concepcion, Iloilo. He and his wife have three children to...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- RetailPhilippinesRetailing helped Nela survive for the family. She retails in their barangay various basic commodities and brings in a meager income of PHP 5,000 per month. She found the bu...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- FarmingArmeniaArayik is 44 years old and lives in Tsovagyugh village of the Gegharkunik region. Arayik used to work as a policeman, but now is farming and works as a driver. Arayik is ma...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Personal Medical ExpensesPhilippinesGilconida has been a member of PMPC since 2011. She believes that PMPC helps her in sustaining her medication. She recently applied 40,000 for her medication.Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Jack , combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,355 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.