Join Lisa's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 39-year-old Fatu from Lunsar branch. She is married with four children between the ages of 4 and 17 years old and two of them are curre...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesMa. Theresa is a married woman, 41 years old with two children.
She has a buy-and-sell dried fish business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000 loan th...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMagdallen (a 51-year-old mom of seven) is a smallholder farmer who lives in the Bungoma area of Kenya. As a resilient woman, she has defied the common thinking among Kenyan...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesParaguayThis committee is called "Santa Rita." It was formed thanks to the desire for self-improvement of each one of the members of the committee. They are focused as a goal on be...Read their story >
- PubBrazilJose, in the blue mask, is single and lives in a simple house in Guaianazes. He is a very dedicated and hardworking man.
He is from the northeast of Brazil and h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lisa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,449 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.