Join Lisa's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaIbrahim lives with his family in a mud house in a small village in Kaduna state. In his community, farming is the primary occupation and like many diligent smallholders, Ib...Read their story >
- General StoreEcuadorJoandry Elizabeth is an enterprising woman who strives to generate income to cover her household expenses and support her children. For this reason, she started selling cl...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaHudu is married and lives in a modest mud house in a small village in Kaduna, Nigeria with his wife, children and mother. Farming is the primary occupation within his group...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorDeysi lives with her family, which includes her partner and one dependent 8 year-old child.
Daysi has the economic activity of selling staple goods. She works fr...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesApril Ann lives in the province of Leyte. She is 30 years old, married and has two dependents. To earn an income, she runs a sari-sari (variety) store, selling basic commod...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lisa, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,377 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.