Join Debbie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTimor-LesteAdelino is a modest and hardworking man with great understanding of business. He resides in a very simple house with his family. He is married and is a father of three chil...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAnderson is 32 years old. He is married and blessed with two children.
He has been practicing tea farming for ten years and earns a monthly income of 24,000 KES....Read their story >
- PigsEl SalvadorSamuel is married and his wife works in household chores. He has a son with her.
Samuel works raising and selling pigs which he learned from his mother. He also has a...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJosphine, pictured above, has 6 children and is representing her group of 8 farmers in the Lugari District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2014 and d...Read their story >
- CerealsMadagascarMyriam is continuing with her job. She invested more in selling white rice and payphones. She wants to take another loan to build up her working capital and her inventory. ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Debbie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,745 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.