Join Debbie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesParaguayThis is a new communal bank that was formed by women who are mothers and who are working hard toward a better quality of life for their loved ones. Additionally, they are ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesYolanda is 55 years old and married with a child. With her child in school, she works very hard to provide for the family.
She runs a general store in the Philip...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMerry Grace is 29 years old, married and has two children, who are in school. She is in the agricultural business in the Philippines.
Merry Grace requested a 20...Read their story >
- ServicesParaguayJuan Felix is from the city of Coronel Oviedo. He works on large estates providing maintenance services. He is a friendly person who is responsible and hardworking.
...Read their story >
- ConstructionUgandaJohn is a resident of Kabaga. He is married with four children. He is into the transport industry and works mainly on long journeys, since they earn more income.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Debbie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,630 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.