Join Pablo's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureNicaraguaBayardo is a farmer. He grows rice, corn, plantains and beans on his land. He is very grateful to Kiva and MiCredito for his last loan. He used it to look after is crops.
Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaHudu is a hard-working Babban Gona maize farmer who lives in a modest mud house with his family in Gidan Gilo village.
Previously, despite toiling for long hour...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaPeter is a married man and has eight children; they reside in Kasese, Uganda. He is charged with the responsibility of paying school fees for his children as well as taking...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaThis year Vanna is 33 years old and a married mother of two children who are studying in a local state school. She is farming rice and her husband is buying and selling cow...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaOriginally from Tbong Khmum province of Cambodia, Mrs. Sokkan, 37, is the first on the right in the photo. She is a married mother of two school-aged children. For the past...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pablo, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,604 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.