Join William's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleKyrgyzstanAsel is 27 years old, married, and has a daughter. She has a secondary education. By nature she is kind and responsive. As the main source of income for her family she has ...Read their story >
- FarmingNicaraguaJosé is a 21-year-old young man. He is passionate about farming and works growing papaya and manioc. He first started working with his dad and later went independent, get...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesMargie is 45 years old with two children. She works hard to provide for her family and runs a charcoal business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 15,000 loan throug...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaBrendah is 46 years old, widow blessed with three children, one of whom is below the age of 18 years. She runs a general store. She has been in this business for the past 1...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesNovie is 37 years old, married and has five children in school. Novie works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and reques...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like William, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,161 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.