Join William's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaCherop is a 38-year-old smallholder farmer practicing dairy and crop farming to make a living. She enjoys farming, for it is her means of securing the basic necessities of ...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesMarilyn is 51 years old, married, and has seven children.
She earns a living by fishing in the Philippines. Marilyn is borrowing 25,000 PHP from NWTF to purchas...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaYusuf is a hardworking farmer who has the ambition to expand his land under cultivation and earn higher profits from farming. As a member of Babban Gona, Yusuf has access ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMercedes is 57 years old and married with seven children.
She runs a pig fattening in the Philippines and requested a PHP 22,000 loan through NWTF to buy feeds a...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesTeresita is 47 years old and has three children. Teresita is married and all of her children are still in school. Teresita is in the agricultural business raising pigs in ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like William, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,857 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.