Join William's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreKenyaAndighte is 45 years old. She is married and blessed with five children who are all below the age of 18 years. She is running a retail shop.
She has been in the...Read their story >
- RetailSenegalThis group is comprised of six women who support each other and live in the same village. They have repaid several loans on time. Their primary activity is business.
Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesRona, 49 years old, is married and has one child. For the past four years, she has run a general store in the Philippines. Rona has requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesSenegalThis group of five women, all living in the same village, comprise a group created in May of 2010. They live in the same neighborhood and maintain a relationship of solidar...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCecilia (71) is a humble woman living in Nyahururu, a town surrounded by prime agricultural lands which favor large-scale grain farming, dairy and horticultural farming. Sh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like William, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,219 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.