Join William's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaHaruna is married and lives in a modest mud house in a small village in Kaduna, Nigeria with his wife, children and mother. Farming is the primary occupation within his gro...Read their story >
- FarmingNicaraguaLucila is currently requesting a loan disbursement to help with certain costs related to cultivating potatoes. She has the help of her husband with completing the farm wor...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaIsabel is a very hardworking woman. For several years she has worked selling indigenous clothing. With the support of loans she has done very well, as they have allowed her...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesBurkina FasoPouspoko has four children of whom three go to school. She is a saleswoman who has been selling potatoes at a market on the outskirts of the capital for 15 years. This is h...Read their story >
- HardwareCongo (DRC)Ms. Neema is a client of the microfinance institution HEKIMA and presides over the 'banc villageois' names “UKARIMU”. She is 40, married, and the mother of five children, w...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like William, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,380 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.