Join Jay's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- VehicleCambodiaHay is a 35-years old married woman with four children. One child still depends on her. She lives in Ou Reang Ov district, of Tbaung Khmum province. For two years her husba...Read their story >
- AgricultureCambodiaThieng, 44, is married and lives with her husband and three children in a village in Kandal province of Cambodia. Two of her children are garment factory workers and the o...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorDiana went to school until fourth grade. She has a son and is a single mother.
Diana works as an employee in a restaurant. She also sells clothing in the afterno...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaShy and soft-spoken Everline is also liberal minded. She is a smallholder farmer from a remote village in the Nandihills area of Kenya. The living conditions in this area a...Read their story >
- FarmingPalestineJyanah, who appears in the photo, is a 25 years old and from a village near Tulkarem, West Bank. She is a mother of two adorable kids, and she tries to raise them in the be...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jay, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,468 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.