Join Jay's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PerfumesTajikistanHakimhon is aged 20. He is not married and lives with his parents.
He's been into a direct selling business in the city for almost two years. His net income fro...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaFred is 70 years old and, as the group leader of his group, he is representing 16 farmers in Kimilili District. He is looking forward to be working with One Acre Fund for t...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesUkraineAndrei is a pensioner from Khoost. He has been working at the local felt and filtration factory as a mechanic since 1975. It is necessary for him to work, because the pensi...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSarun’s Group lives in a rural village in Siem Reap Province in Cambodia. Sarun makes a living cultivating rice to support her family. In her village there is no reliable a...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliSouleymane is a member of the Djiguifa group, and it is him holding on to the sheep in the photo. He raises cattle and sheep. He is 42 years old, married and father to seve...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jay, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,530 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.