Join Huan-Hua's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaZipporah is 37 years old. She is married and has four children. Her business is farming. She has operated her business for 12 years.
This is her first loan with...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- BakeryParaguayBlanca is still doing her bakery work. She is a very hard working woman who, through much sacrifice and effort, supports her family. She says she used the previous loan t...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorThis young woman's face is pixelated because she is 24 years old and lives in a high risk area. She has sold pupusas for 2 years. Her business is located in her residence a...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- DairyTajikistanNabovatkhon is 42 years old. She lives in a small village with her husband, three children and mother-in-law, who is provided with a retirement pension.
Nabovat...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- CerealsKenyaMeet Caroline, an ever smiling, hardworking, and honest mother, who is 42 years of age. She hails from the Nkubu area of Kenya. She is the proud mother of one lovely child....Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Huan-Hua, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,404 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.