Join Huan-Hua's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorMaría has decided to request another loan in order to strengthen her business and to continue working in this way. She will use the loan to buy basic needs products like c...Read their story >
- Food MarketSamoaMealofa is a 37 year-old mother with 2=two children. She runs and operates a small convenience store in her village to earn a living.
Mealofa needs a loan to b...Read their story >
- Fish SellingSolomon IslandsSyrine is a 26 year-old woman who is married with no children and they live in a community in Honiara, capital of Solomon Island. She runs a small marketing business selli...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaCelestine is 29 years old, married, and blessed with four children; all are below 18 years. She has managed to run a retail shop business for eight years now, and earns a m...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMary, pictured above, has been a farmer for 10 years. She is now proud to represent her group of 8 farmers in the Matete District. She is 37 years old, single and has 4 chi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Huan-Hua, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,902 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.