Join Dave's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesColombiaJavid, 36, is a microentrepreneur and resident of Barranquilla, where he has a business selling car and engine parts. Javid started this business 13 years ago, after having...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesBrazilThis group's leader is Maria (the woman in the green apron). She is 52 years old and lives with one of her children in a humble home in São Miguel. Maria married and had ch...Read their story >
- Musical PerformanceTajikistanShamsherjon is a 32-year-old musician from the city of Kulob. He is married and has 3 children. Shamsherjon's wife is a housewife, and Shamsherjon himself sings at weddings...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaMarlene is a 60-year-old merchant. She is honest, hardworking, and optimistic. For fifteen consecutive years, she has been selling food, second-hand clothes and making dres...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasHe lives in the village of Canchias with his family. He is a very enterprising and determined young man who, from childhood, has worked farming basic grains since it has ex...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dave, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,350 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.