Join Dave's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailEcuadorNathaly is 20 years old and is in a free union relationship. She has a 1-year-old son and her husband works in a workshop. They live with a relative in the Jaramijo distric...Read their story >
- LivestockEgyptRabaa is 52, married, and has four children. Her husband works as a laborer with unstable and low income.
She has a small animal raising business to help her hu...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaLina is a 46-year-old mother who has five school going children. She lives in Eldoret, a region where beautiful hills form vivid patterns that have been the training ground...Read their story >
- General StoreParaguayThe name of this committee is Kuña Aty. It was founded in Caaguazú when a group of local friends and neighbors joined together in setting a goal for themselves: to grow not...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesLetecia is 52 years old and married with ten children. She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a buy and sell vegetables in the Philippines and requested a PHP 1...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dave, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,856 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.