Join Charles's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJuan is 63 years old, married, and has two children. He has been working as an employee at a securities firm for 34 years.
His spouse urgently needs cataract sur...Read their story >
- TaxiBoliviaLeonel is 41 years old. He is single but has two children.
He bought a vehicle in his youth when he turned 21 thanks to the help of his parents. His father taugh...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAs a married parent of seven children, Amelia works hard to support her family.
She has a seafood retailing business in the Philippines and also earns additional...Read their story >
- RetailEcuadorJamel is a 19-year-old young woman. She is single and is characterized as being charismatic, jovial, and hardworking. She lives with her mother and siblings in a small borr...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesJenalyn is 36 years old and married with three children.
She earns a living by fishing in the Philippines. She is borrowing 35,000 PHP through NWTF to purchase f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Charles, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,634 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.