Join Jason's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesKenyaRoseline is 38 years old, married and has five children. She has had a business for nine years selling food to eat onsite and takeaway food, which earns her 45,000 KES a mo...Read their story >
- ServicesEcuadorDomingo is 48 years old. He is Colombian but is now nationalized as an Ecuadorian. He has lived for 18 years in Ecuador, with his partner and has 2 sons aged 15 and 9. He ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanNigina is an independent and energetic woman who was born in 1973 in Kurgantube, Tajikistan. She is married and has five children.
Since 2009, Nigina has been r...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaWhen Phylles learned that hard work and determination are the simplest ways to become successful, she decided to venture into dairy and horticulture farming. She is determi...Read their story >
- TransportationPeruSerapio is a member of the community bank San Martin de Yanahuara. The bank is located in the province of Urubamba, district of Yanahuara and department of Cusco.
Ser...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jason, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,977 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.