Join Jason's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanShahodat lives in Varzob. This mountainous locale with a river is known for its summer recreation areas where city dwellers and tourists come to spend their summer vacation...Read their story >
- ServicesKenyaMary is a 58-year-old mother of 4 school-going children living in Vihiga, a town whose surroundings have vast agricultural potential with numerous small farms and also vast...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Gladys, often described as an extremely experienced farmer. She is 50 years old and has six children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoPedro is 28 years old, single, and has no children. He has been working for a company for the past 10 years. Pedro lives in Nuevo León.
He needs to undergo a...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEgyptMabrouk is 30 and lives in a small village in upper Egypt. He is living with his parents in the same house with his wife and two children. He has a small grocery store, w...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jason, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,605 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.