Join Poverty2Prosperity.org General Fund's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesVergie is 53 years old and has five children.
Vergie is in the agricultural business of fattening pig in the Philippines. Vergie requested a PHP 20,000 loan thro...Read their story >
- General StoreNicaraguaNelly is a charismatic woman that always serves her customers in a delightful way, through which she has a loyal customer base, in addition to having good quality products ...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesMary Ann is a married woman, 58 years old with four children.
Mary Ann has a rice retailing business in the Philippines. Mary Ann requested a PHP 22...Read their story >
- General StoreBoliviaEfrain is 24 years old. He is married and has no children. He has a neighborhood store and mostly sells snacks and juice, the products with the highest number of sales. He ...Read their story >
- Water DistributionPhilippinesHelen is a married woman with two children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Helen has a water distribution business in the Philippines. Helen requested a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Poverty2Prosperity.org General Fund, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,943 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.