Join Jon Olson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanAnorbi is a resident of Hamadoni district. She is 41 years old. Anorbi is a wonderful wife and mother of 2 children. The children are in high school. Her husband has been ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMiriam is a mother who has been practicing farming for many years and always feels accomplished and elevated to continue farming. Her desire to get ahead is admirable beca...Read their story >
- Used ClothingKenyaCaroline is 32 years old. She is married and blessed with five children under 18 years.
She has been in the clothes business for the past 11 years, selling seco...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaElizabeth, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is now proud to represent her group of 14 farmers in Butere District. She is 50 years old, married, ...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorFranklin is married. His wife is a homemaker and he has a small son.
Franklin works raising cattle, a job that he learned from his father. He travels 1 kilomete...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jon Olson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,681 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.