Join Andreas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaEunice is 29 years old. She is married and blessed with two children. She has been running a dairy farming as well as operating an M-Pesa and a retail shop business for a p...Read their story >
- BakerySamoaJosephine is a 24 year old mother who owns and operates a small business selling pancakes, pork cake and buns in her village to earn a living. Josephine needs a loan to buy...Read their story >
- Fish SellingColombiaStella is a micro-entrepreneur with more than 30 years of experience in the fish and seafood business. She lives in the Soledad municipality. Her business idea started with...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesColombiaOscar is 28 years old and for 6 years he has worked at his business selling products retail in the municipality of Itagui, with the goal of improving the condition of his h...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaElvis is a married 28-year-old man. He recently got the privilege of being a father two months ago. He has taken this responsibility up and is working extremely hard as a f...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Andreas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,583 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.