Join Andreas's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesEvangeline is 46 years old and married with 8 children. With six of her children still in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
Evangeline has run a g...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe group called Kuña Guapa is in its first loan cycle in the persistent women's bank program, in which they all work and help each other get ahead. They're doing the pove...Read their story >
- SewingCameroonLuc Blaise is 46 years old. He is engaged and the father of five children between the ages of 4 and 13.
After completing his studies, Luc Blaise opened a small ...Read their story >
- Plastics SalesEcuadorLaura Viviana, age 25, is in a common-law marriage and has a five year old daughter. Her life partner is an electrician. They live in the Jipijapa canton, which is known ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaWhen Christine smiles, you will realize she has a lot of confidence and assurance. Pictured inside her shop, she is a 49-year-old mother of two school-going children living...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Andreas, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 13,696 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.