Join Pete2Peer's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreUgandaCissy is 32 years old and lives in the town of Kalerwe in the Kawempe region of Uganda. She has 4 children who are all currently in school. For the past 6 years, Cissy has ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe committee called Mujeres Emprendedoras is a good group made up of female heads of family who are struggling to get ahead. They are in the fourth cycle.
One o...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesEvelyn, a widow who has a pig fattening business in the Philippines, works hard to support her family.
She requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to buy feed ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane, 57, is married and blessed with lovely children. The family lives in the region around Eldoret, Kenya. It is a thriving area full of people who, through hard and hone...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanThis man's name is Mamur. Together with his wife and 3 children, he lives in the Yavan area. His children are schoolchildren. He is 45 years old. Mamur's wife is a housewif...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pete2Peer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,697 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.