Join ellen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaEmily has great plans for her family: to give them a decent lifestyle. She is a woman who will never give up in the face of adversity. She is the pillar of her family in te...Read their story >
- BakeryEl SalvadorCarmen Elena lives with her family whom she helps financially. She earns a living making French bread that she sells from her home. This is work that she learned to do when...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesDolores is 72 years old and married with three children. Dolores works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaJoshua is 24 years old and a single gentle man. He takes care of his widowed mother and two siblings. He runs a retail shop for income to meet the needs of himself and thos...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesShirlita is 63 years old and married with three children. She runs a general store in the Philippines and has been in this business for 13 years.
Shirlita has r...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ellen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,404 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.