Join ellen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailGuatemalaAs many women around the world are motivated to support their families based on their hard work, they achieve their goals and objectives. This is done thanks to the people ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesLolita is a resident of Hilongos, Leyte. She is a 46-year-old married woman with 2 dependents. To earn an income, her husband works as a farmer while she runs a hog-raising...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesMelinda works hard to support her family. She is married and has a fish vending business in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to buy additional ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesMichelle is 37 years old, married, and has two children. Both of her children are in school, so she works very hard to provide for her family.
Michelle has a bu...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorPresentación is a 52-year-old enterprising woman.She lives with her husband and her 14-year-old son who cannot move on his own. Her home is located in the Bolívar sector, h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like ellen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,548 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.