Join Taaj's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesFor more than ten years, Veneranda manages a basic goods shop, selling commodities such as cooking oil, noodles, sugar, condiments, soft drinks and toiletries.
...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesMaricel is 49 years old and married with eight children, six of whom are in school. Maricel works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a buy and sell charcoal...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportUgandaJames, 40 years old, is a father with school-going children. He is a motorcyclist in Jinja. It is from this transport sector that he earns a livelihood and raises school f...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaFred is a farmer in the rural area of Mbale, where he grows bananas on a large scale to sell. He sells to traders who take them to Kampala markets, and to those in his neig...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesGiezela is 34-years-old and married.
Giezela is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the Philippines. Giezela requested a PHP 20000 loan through NWTF to...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Taaj, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,740 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.