Join Pamela's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaElizabeth is 39 years old and lives with her family in Kitale, an area with hilly scenery that is good for camping and hiking. She is a woman who always moves forward like ...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesNerissa is 61 years old, married, and has four children. For the past years, she and her husband have run a small family farm to earn a living. They grow rice plants. They ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaSharon is a 21-year-old mother who always wakes up very early each morning because she is determined to succeed. She is a mixed dairy and crop farmer who has farmed for the...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Ridah, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 5 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. She is a mother to 5 children and is known by her ...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPeruEulogio is a hard worker. He is fifty years old and lives with his son in Chala, a town located in Arequipa. He works in construction at different job sites and always trie...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,649 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.