Join Pamela's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesSenegalThis group of five brave women was set up in February 2021; however, they have travelled together for a long time and share values of friendship and solidarity. Their main ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesBernadita is 54 years old, married, and has four children. She works very hard to provide for her family.
Bernadita runs a general store in the Philippines and ...Read their story >
- ServicesEl SalvadorJosé is 23 years old, he is married, his partner looks after the household. He has a young son.
José was worked in construction for the last 8 years, he learned the t...Read their story >
- TailoringEl SalvadorMaría is in a relationship. Her partner is a bricklayer and her children are no longer dependent on her.
María earns her living dressmaking which she ...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesGuatemalaFidelina is in charge of this duo. She is married and has a business selling vegetables in the market of her town.
Her wish is to have a bigger stand and to offe...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,856 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.