Join Pamela's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailNicaraguaMarlyn is a hard working woman, she is tenacious and provides for her household which comprises her two sons. She has run a convenience store for the last two years, at pre...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueCeleste, 35, is a single mother of one child, who is in primary school. She works as a commercial agent and lives in her own house. She does not have a leadership post in h...Read their story >
- RetailUgandaMoses, 34, is a resident of Houma, Uganda. He has a family which he looks after. He operates a retail shop selling sugar, salt, cooking oil, soap, and water to his clients....Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesBurkina FasoRequem is the mother of 5 children. She runs a business selling coal and wood in a section of the capital and has been doing this for 20 years. She is on her ninth loan c...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesParaguayThis is very close group in which everyone strives to better themselves and offer their loved ones everything they were not able to have.
Ana is one of the memb...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,382 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.