Join Jester's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaMan is a 57-year-old married and lovely mother of six children. She is a seller who sells lotus flowers at the market. Her husband works as construction worker. Man is a lu...Read their story >
- PoultryVietnamMrs. Minh is 51 years old years old and married with two children. Her family lives in Dong Son, a rural region of Thanh Hoa, one of the poorest provinces.
For o...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesLuzviminda works hard to support two children. She is married and has a general store in the Philippines.
Luzviminda requested a 10,000 PHP loan through NWTF to ...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorFrancisco is 23 years old, is single and lives with his parents.
Francisco has been working in agriculture since childhood and also raises cattle and chickens wh...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPeter is the leader of his group in Alego District, and he is representing 5 farmers, including himself. Peter joined One Acre Fund for the first time this season, but he h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jester, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,671 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.