Join Simon's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaGreetings from Nandi hills, Kenya! Meet Lilian (pictured above with her farming neighbors), a very industrious, honest, and hardworking woman from the Nandi hills area of K...Read their story >
- HardwareZimbabweSamuel is aged 33, married and he has two children who are going to school. He runs a hardware business in a busy central business location. The place of business is rented...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorGricelda is 25 years old, studied through secondary school, is partnered, and her partner works as a bricklayer. In this relationship they have one child.
Gricel...Read their story >
- FoodCambodiaMalin is aged 36 years and married with three children. Malin lives in Kratie district of Kratie province. She and her husband have worked very hard for years to support th...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaSamwel is a married man. He has 4 children.
He operates a retail business where he sells flour, soap, sugar, bread, rice and other items. He has been involved i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,455 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.