Join Simon's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailNicaraguaJubeyling is a young business owner who is 27 years old. She is a single mother and has two children who she takes care of. She makes a living by selling perfumes and cosme...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesParaguayThe group called Mujeres Emprendedoras is in its 9th cycle in the women's committee program. The group is located in the city of Concepcion, where everyone is struggling fo...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesCongo (DRC)Pascal has been trading in cassava since 2014. The start-up funding came from the sale of coffee grown on the plot of land his grandfather granted to him before his death.<...Read their story >
- ClothingParaguayThe group called 6 de Enero (January 6) was formed with the desire of each of its members for self-improvement. Each of these women wants a better life for their family. It...Read their story >
- ClothingParaguayThe Mujeres Activistas Group is in its 30th women’s committee loan cycle in which all members work and help each other get ahead. The are in the poverty elimination survey...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 826 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.