Join Simon's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaPeter is a 35-year-old maize farmer in Kinyoro, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 20 chickens and three cows on his land. Peter historically str...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane is a 41-year-old maize farmer in Ol'Lessos, Kenya. She historically has struggled to access credit for high-quality inputs, which compromises the quality of her harves...Read their story >
- General StoreTimor-LesteFlora is 50-years-old and married with 4 children. She has a kiosk that she started in 2019, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running her business has made Fl...Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaHenry is a 49-year-old maize farmer in Tulwet/Chuiyat, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 10 chickens and 4 cows on his land.
Henry ...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesDelia is a widowed woman with four children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Delia has a vegetable vending business in the Philippines. Delia requested a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,237 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.