Join Simon's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaThank you for supporting Amira, a charming woman who has been able to earn her own income by selling products by catalog. With her previous Kiva loan, she was able to suppl...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Cosmetics SalesColombiaGertrudys is a 61-year-old woman, a person who does not give up her dream of improving her house, who wants to be useful and take care of the sustenance of her loved ones, ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Used ClothingKenyaMargaret is a 50-year-old lady who lives in Eldoret. She is a business lady who supports her family members.
Margaret is a secondhand clothes seller. She has bee...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Mobile PhonesLebanonSalam is a hardworking 24-year-old single man who started his own mobile phone retail selling shop in January 2015. He is a hardworking man with a very good reputation in h...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- CattleBoliviaCelso is a good man who is free of debts. He is the father of five kids. He owns the house where he lives with his family.
Celso makes cheese to survive and his...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,112 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.