Join Simon's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorJosé studied up to the fourth grade in school, is married, and his spouse is a merchant.
José has worked in agriculture, specifically planting corn, for 27 year...Read their story >
- ClothingDominican RepublicGrecia, age 47, is a Dominican micro-entrepreneur. She lives in San Pedro de Macoris in a community that has suffered the damages of the Covid 19 pandemic, and so the econo...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreNicaraguaXiomara is an empowered woman who has been able to get ahead in her grocery business because of her effort and dedication. As a result, she has been able to sustain her fa...Read their story >
- AgricultureMoldovaArtiom is a 23-year-old man. He is a resident of Nihoreni village, which is in the Riscani region of Moldova. Artiom is very diligent and totally dedicated to the work he ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesTeresa is 48 years old and married with three children. As all of her children are still in school, Teresa works very hard to provide for her family.
Teresa runs...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,996 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.