Join Simon's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)The first from the left in the picture, Phyo, is a 27-year-old man. He is married and has two children. One of them is still too young to go to school and is looked after b...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- FarmingPakistanSajida Parveen is a 42-year-old married women. She lives with her family in Gujrat, Pakistan. Ten years ago, she began working as a farmer in her fields. She grows differen...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Clothing SalesKenyaPhen is married and has two children. She describes herself to be honest. She operates a retail business selling clothes, which she has been doing for three years. Her busi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Home AppliancesCambodiaTha’s group live in a rural village in Battambang province in Cambodia.
Tha works as a farmer and seller to support his family.
In their village the...Read their story >Funding via iDE Cambodia
- BakeryColombiaBrayan, 19 years old, is a young entrepreneur who lives in the city of Bogotá and who, before he reached the age of legal majority, undertook his bakery business in a retai...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,729 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.