Join Cristina + Sara's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingHondurasLeonidas lives with his family. He works in agriculture and coffee farming, from these earning his main income. He grows coffee and plantains of good quality that allow him...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesSusanita is 58 years old and married with four children, two in school, Susanita works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaAlhaji lives in a small community in Kaduna State where he grows maize to support his family. This is his second loan with Babban Gona, and he has been able to afford bette...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanSapira sends her greetings from Kara-Kulzha. She is grateful to Kiva sponsors for the financial support she received for increasing her cattle headcount. Sapira will be gr...Read their story >
- RetailSenegalThese fifteen brave women are part of a group that has existed since October 2013. They are loyal and have successfully repaid two loans. Their principal activity is commer...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Cristina + Sara, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 9,747 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.