Join Cristina + Sara's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Charcoal SalesPhilippinesJulie is a married woman with four children. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur.
Julie has a buy and sell charcoal business in the Philippines. Julie reques...Read their story >
- Higher education costsTajikistanZainiddin, 46, lives with his wife and their three children in Rudaki. He is a building contractor and his wife is a seamstress specialising in women's clothing. Their elde...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaMubarak, who is 28 years of age and married with 1 child, lives in a rural town in Kaduna, Nigeria. He lives in a small community where maize farming is the major occupatio...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorLucía is seeking a loan to strengthen her business this season. She will purchase basic good, such as chicken, grains, soap, and more to sell in her business.
T...Read their story >
- Animal SalesNicaraguaKarla, age 42, raises and sells pigs. She also grows cassava with the support of her five children. She has 15 years of experience in this line of work. Karla is known i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Cristina + Sara, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,728 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.