Join One Woman's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)This is Taung Kone S2 (E) Village Group. It consists of six members: Soe, Su, Khaing, Moe, Win and San. It is located in Kungyangon Township, in the Yangon Region of Myanma...Read their story >
- SewingBoliviaDaniel is 44 years old. He is married and the father of three children. Daniel works making ladies' handbags; this is his source of income.
Daniel has requeste...Read their story >
- Food MarketRwandaAngelique (holding a paper in the photo) is 34 years old, married, and has four children. Due to her experience and background, she was nominated as the group leader of th...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Priscah, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 10 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. Priscah is known by her community as a very rel...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJapheth is 39 years old. He is married and blessed with two children.
His business is farming, which he has operated for ten years.
This is his seco...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like One Woman, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,984 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.