Join Cristina + Sara's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanUsmon, 26, comes from Khuroson. He is married and has two children.
Usmon makes a living from cattle breeding and he loves his job. He buys young calves, fatten...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesSenegalThis group was created in 2013 when the banc villageois (BV) was established. The group includes five women from the same neighborhood. They work well together in the group...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliHis name is Bouacar, the one holding the rope in his hand tied to the ox in the photo. He is Malian and resides in the village, aged 64, married and father of 8 children, i...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesEduardo is a resident of San Dionisio, Iloilo. He is 40 years old, married and has an 11-year-old daughter. He and his wife run a small sari-sari (variety) store to earn a ...Read their story >
- FarmingTanzaniaThis season is not the first one that Akwino is working alongside One Acre Fund. He has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2016. Although he is...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Cristina + Sara, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,977 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.