Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHarrison is happily married and has been blessed with four children. His business is farming and he enjoys it very much. What he loves most about it is when his produce doe...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAlida, pictured above, has 4 children and is always described as a very friendly person, which is why she was selected to become the group leader of her group. Alida is rep...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAnn, pictured above, has six children and is representing her group, formed by six farmers in Mumias District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2013 an...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane, a 27-year-old mother of one pictured in her simple house, is a resourceful farmer from a remote village in Kenya's Kitale area. Thanks to her daily efforts, Jane has ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Siati, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 49 years old and she has 5 children. As a group leader, she is representing her grou...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,797 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.