Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEcuadorAngela Carmelina and her family live in the Jaramijo canton, a very enchanting place because of its beautiful beaches that were greatly affected by the health emergency cau...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesRwandaClaudine is 33 years old married and has 4 adult children, she lives socially in Ruhuha community with her husband. She is very committed to the well being of her family th...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAlbena is 40 years old and married with five children. Four of her children are still in school and Albena works very hard to provide for them.
Albena runs a fis...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopGuatemalaIt is tremendously empowering for women like 21-year-old Blanca to manage their own businesses. She is married with a 3-year-old son. Blanca sells sausages and chicken by...Read their story >
- WeavingGuatemalaThe majority of the Maya women, who live in rural areas in the department/state of Chimaltenango, generate income via their traditional textile businesses. Flor, who is a 2...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,777 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.