Join Vidar & Norunn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CafeKenyaSandra is 34 years old, married and blessed with three children. She joined Hand in Hand Eastern Africa in 2013, to benefit from the training on savings mobilization, enter...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- ServicesUgandaRichard is 32 years, a resident of Mafubira village in the Jinja district. Richard graduated with a bachelors degree but failed to get a job. Therefore, as a vibrant young ...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- FarmingKenyaAlice is a smallholder farmer of livestock. For the past five years, she has been actively involved and making great profits in farming. Because of how much she likes farmi...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- PigsPhilippinesHilda is 67 years old, married and has eight children. She is in the agricultural business, raising pigs in the Philippines. She has requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWT...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- ConstructionPalestineHabis is a 29-year-old married man with two children. He has worked in construction for five years.
He will use the loan to buy new construction supplies such as...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
Kiva lenders, like Vidar & Norunn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,873 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.