Join Vidar & Norunn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RickshawPakistanRazia is a 44-year-old woman living with her spouse and four children in Lahore, Pakistan. She wants to save money to provide better living facilities to her children but ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- AgricultureEl Salvador63-year-old Maximino owns the house where he lives with his life partner. He has worked for forty years growing corn, beans, and coffee. When the harvest is ready, he store...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- General StorePakistanRaheela is the age of 27 and she is mother of a single child and living in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has been running a general store in which he sells rice, sugar,...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingTajikistanMukadas is an experienced farmer from the city of Tursun-zoda. She is 53 years old, a wife, and the mother of three children. Her oldest son works abroad. Her youngest son ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- CattleTajikistanThis young and novice businessman is Dustmurod. He is 31 years old. Dustmurod is a resident of a village in Shahrinav region. He intends to work in cattle husbandry. He wil...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
Kiva lenders, like Vidar & Norunn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,006 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.