Join Vidar & Norunn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesGuatemalaAna Patricia continues as the leader. She has been working for some years selling fruits and vegetables where she goes out daily to purchase to have fresh products and not ...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanZhannathon, 63, is married and has a son. She is a kind-hearted woman. Zhannathon has a high school education and has been engaged in farming for thirty years. Through her ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesBurkina FasoSaranta is the mother of 3 children, 2 of which are in school. She has been selling cakes for more than 9 years in a neighborhood surrounding the capital.
She i...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreRwandaEsther is a 36-year-old mother of three children who are aged between 10 and 18 years. Her husband is a Motorcyclist, and for the past three years, she has owned a Grocery ...Read their story >
- PropertyUgandaMoses is a married man with four children and has a retail shop and rental units earning him income to sustain his family with the increasing expenses. His rental units are...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Vidar & Norunn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,149 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.