Join Neil's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesA loving single mother from Sual, Pangasinan, is 51 years old. Lita is happily managing her variety store business even if it's a difficult time to earn money because of th...Read their story >
- ServicesMexicoImpact Hub Monterrey is located in the North-East of Mexico. We have been a catalyst for local social entrepreneurs since 2013. In the last 7 years, we have managed to deve...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaDoreen is a hardworking, happily married Kenyan lady who has been blessed with four children and a loving husband. She runs a general store business to provide for her fami...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesJordanSamaher is a farmer. She sees a future for herself in business. She sells home products. This is still a home based business and her plans are for it to grow. Her goal is t...Read their story >
- RetailLiberiaBeauty is a 32-year-old entrepreneur. She is married and has 3 children, they live at home. Beauty attended school until 12th grade. She owns a business selling garie, buck...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Neil, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,216 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.