Join Neil's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingPhilippinesGina is beyond grateful to Kiva and the Kiva lenders who previously extended a PHP 10,000 loan for her business. The loan came at a time when she and her family had just ha...Read their story >
- Spare PartsHondurasErnesto is a 57-year old man. He is single and he lives in the municipality of La Flecha, Santa Bárbara. For 11 years, he has repaired automobiles and sold spare parts. Pre...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaDickson is 27 years old, married, and a businessman. His wife is a hairdresser at a hair and beauty parlor. He operates a motorbike and transports passengers in his area. <...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaEver-smiling Kezziah is the mother of two children. She lives in a remote village in Chuka, a land of seemingly never-ending beauty.
Kezziah is very hardworkin...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanAida is 44 years old, married, and is raising five children. She has a higher education and works as a teacher at a local school. She knows the technology of agricultural ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Neil, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,971 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.