Join Neil's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMary (a first-time Kiva borrower) is a 45-year-old mother living in Embu, a remote area located on a gentle plain before the ascent into the central highlands of Kenya. She...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesNally is 44 years old and has one child.
Nally is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the Philippines. Nally requested a PHP 10000 loan through NWTF to...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Emaculate who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by six farmers in Lugari District, Kenya. She is a mother to five children and is known...Read their story >
- PropertyPhilippinesElvira is from Naic, Cavite. She has two adult children who she supports with the income from her house rental business. Elvira has been in this business for the past 15 ...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesConnie is 46 years old, married, and has five children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a fish vending business in the Philippines and request...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Neil, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,266 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.