Join Neil's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaPalota is a 30-year-old married woman with three children. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has three years of experience in this busines...Read their story >
- AgricultureSamoaTaialofa is a 34-year-old mother with four children and has a small business of selling vegetables (cabbage, eggplant, cucumber) in her community to earn a living. She has ...Read their story >
- PubEcuadorDolores Miladis is married and has two grown children. Her husband works as a gardener. They live in Portoviejo, a city of beautiful scenery. Its people are very attenti...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMerlinda is 33 years old and single. Merlinda works very hard to provide for her family.
Merlinda runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,...Read their story >
- Animal SalesKenyaJoseph 43, is blessed with a fruitful marriage filled with four children, two of whom are in school. He is very supportive of his family and strives to ensure that his wife...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Neil, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,228 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.